Biker News - Regularly updated

Welcome to our News section, where articles are listed below and if relevant within the categories on the right, just to make it easier for you to find what you wish to read...

Please note that the content within our News section (text and images), follows the same copyright laws/notice as all other content on the website - ie not to be reproduced (including slightly amending) without prior consent. 

Pledge Your Support To Charity's 8th National Carbon Monoxide Awareness Week

Posted on


We should of wound our very small charity up at the start of the year due to lack of donations and support. However we couldn't do this due to the amount of people contacting the charity from all over the UK in need of our advice or support.  

The charity has noticed a sharp increase in the amount of carbon monoxide incident's it's seeing this year. I am sure you like I have noticed this and are as keen as us to try to prevent even more from happening. I believe we can expect more deaths and injuries from this silent killer this year if more organisations, companies etc don't join together with our very small charity to try to prevent them. I believe many of those living/working in the UK today still don't know enough about the dangers of carbon monoxide to make sure they and their family stay safe from this silent invisible killer. Therefore I thought that for just one week this November I would try to enlist your support to make sure that as many people as possible living/working throughout the UK become a little more aware about the dangers of carbon monoxide.

Most people still don't realise that carbon monoxide (CO) is a colourless, odourless highly toxic gas that is produced by the incomplete combustion of any hydrocarbon fuel e.g. coal, charcoal, wood, oil, petrol, diesel, natural gas and liquid petroleum gas (LPG) They still seem to believe that it's produced by just the incomplete combustion of "natural gas" and if they don't use natural gas or have a gas boiler they are totally safe. This just isn't true. People still believe that you either die or make a full recovery from carbon monoxide. This isn't true as many of those poisoned by just low levels of carbon monoxide go on to develop long term chronic health problems. A group of people poisoned by carbon monoxide can be found here:

I believe anyone with a interest in people, families, health and/or the safety of others can to do much more to help prevent people being injured or falling victim to this silent killer.  The charity's posters/leaflet's carry both the Association of Ambulance Chief Executives (AACE) and National Ambulance Resilience Unit (NARU). I am sure you will agree the webmaster did a fantastic job.

Allowing anyone living here in the UK to find information on carbon monoxide very quickly. The charity's "Carbon Monoxide Android Phone App" can be downloaded via the above website's. Its a very handy app for everyone to have.

The charity will launch a NEW updated website on Monday 18th November 2013.  The charity's 8th National Carbon Monoxide Awareness Week starts Monday 18th November 2013. However for the first time in eight years the charity finds it's unable to visit Scotland, Wales, Ireland or any other area due to lack of donations. Therefore this year we are looking for people, organisations, businesses etc to pledge their support to the charity's 8th National Carbon Monoxide Awareness Week to help us reach the people we can't this year.   Please pledge your support and help us raise awareness about the dangers of this silent killer to everyone living/working here in the UK before they become the next victim of this silent killer!!!   

Please don't forget to add Monday 18th November to your diary and do all you can to help our very small charity raise awareness about the danger of this silent killer to those living/working anywhere in the UK. I myself am a victim of this silent killer. My family and I were poisoned by carbon monoxide for over a decade. Fourteen years later we are still paying the price for our exposure to this silent killer. Please don't let someone you love/know or someone listening to YOUR show fall victim to this silent killer.  

I don't get paid a penny for my charity work I do it because I don't want anyone else to suffer they way we have/still are. Please pledge your support and together we can save lives and prevent injuries to all those living and working in every community.

Thank you. Kind regards


Lynn Griffiths. Carbon Monoxide Awareness President/Victim of Carbon Monoxide.
Founder of National Carbon Monoxide Awareness Week 
Carbon Monoxide Awareness. Independent registered charity run "entirely" by volunteers. Charity No. 1125755

Add a comment:

Leave a comment:
  • This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.


Add a comment